The project is scheduled to be performed in two phases and further sub-divided into segments for the following reasons:
- Minimize disruption to the public in general
- Reduce disruption during the academic school year
- Lessen disruption in and around Southside Village during tourist season
- Coordinate with the construction of the Lift Station 87 project
- Organize around the construction of the Ringling Boulevard/Orange Avenue roundabout
- Coordinate with the construction of the Bahia Vista Street project
Phase 1 – Siesta Drive to Bahia Vista Street
Segment 5: This segment consists of construction between Hawthorne Street and Bahia Vista Street.
Segments 1 and 2: This segment consists of construction from Siesta Drive to Rose Street and construction from Rose Street to Morris Street. Construction is planned to begin immediately following Segment 5. This stretch of the project may be further subdivided so that Segment 2 (the portion of Osprey Avenue in and around Southside Elementary School) will be mostly constructed during summer break.
Segments 3 and 4: This segment consists of construction from Morris Street to Datura Street and construction from Datura Street to Hawthorne Street. Construction is planned to begin immediately following Segments 1 and 2. This stretch may be further subdivided so that Segment 4 construction (the portion of Osprey Avenue in and around Southside Village) will be minimized during tourist season.
Phase 2 – Novus Street to Main Street
Construction of Phase 2 consists of construction from Novus Street to just north of Main Street.